Your Landscaping Minnesota On A Budget
There is a lot of potential to be uncovered in your yard. Whether you are trying to spruce up your home for spring or improve your business’ appeal, there are many ways to landscape and increase curb appeal while saving money.
Let’s explore some affordable tips for landscaping that you can implement in your front yard, back yard or in any other outdoor space you have – while not breaking your bank account with excessive landscaping costs!
Inexpensive Front Yard Landscaping Minnesota Ideas
To get the most out of your outdoor space, schedule a consultation with an affordable landscape design team.
Experts can help you make the most out of your yard space and design a space that reflects your personality. In addition to professional service, there are several affordable DIY landscaping Minnesota ideas you can implement yourself.
These ideas for small backyards and other outdoor spaces.
- Introduce an accent color to flower beds. For example, scatter vibrant purple flowers among a bed of yellow to create eye-catching contrast.
- Build or buy a pergola. Grow vines up and across the pergola to create a doorway to your yard or garden.
- Plant useful plants. Rosemary bushes, flowering pumpkin patches and other edible plants are a great way to make the most of your landscaping budget. When you plant an herb or vegetable garden, you get functionality and beauty.
- Plant vertically. Many Minnesota residents live in small apartments or work on busy urban streets with little to no available yard space. If this sounds like you, consider installing a vertical garden.
- Add borders around flowerbeds. Borders will keep your flowers safe from some animals and foot traffic, and it creates a visual balance in your yard.
Improve your yard or other outdoor space by following these tips:
Declutter: Remove debris, including dead tree limbs, from your yard. Remove or hide any items that do not serve a purpose, such as children’s toys or storage boxes.
Plant and maintain trees: There are so many benefits of planting trees in your yard, including increased shade, energy conservation and reduced soil erosion. If your yard already boasts beautiful trees, do not forget to keep up with them. This includes preventative maintenance, regular pruning and tree removal, when necessary.
Plant flowers and other plants: Flowers and other plants are a simple way to add interest, texture and beauty to your yard. They are also a great opportunity to exhibit your personality. Visit a garden center and speak with a florist about which flowers and plants are the best fit for your home, budget and lifestyle.
Don’t ignore the shed: When making improvements on your home, do not overlook your storage shed or other small buildings on the property. Be sure they are adequately maintained and consider unifying the structures with similar design techniques, like accent color.
Build a walkway: You can construct walkways out of stone, brick, wood, concrete and many other materials. Walkways are also a practical way to preserve your grass and minimize mud.
Add lighting: Outdoor lighting is a quick way to brighten up your space. Two popular methods of outdoor lighting include wrapping trees in string lights or lining walkways with solar lights.
Provide seating: A bench or table is the perfect place to sit and enjoy your outdoor space. When choosing outdoor seating, be sure to select fabrics that can withstand the elements.
Add bird feeders: Feeders attract birds, hummingbirds and butterflies to your home.
Prepare for seasonal changes: Set your yard up to succeed no matter the time of year. Anticipate each season by making appropriate changes for summer, fall, winter and spring. This includes commercial snow removal in Minnesota.
Inexpensive Landscaping Minnesota Ideas to Improve Curb Appeal
Curb appeal refers to the first impression people get of your home or business. The term is frequently used by people in the real estate industry when helping clients prepare their homes for sale.
Aside from adding resale value, curb appeal makes your home or business more visually enjoyable.
Some inexpensive ways to improve the curb appeal of your home’s exterior or business are:
- Add mulch or mulch alternatives, such as stone, compost or pine needles. Mulch is very beneficial to your plants and trees, and it is visually appealing.
- Pressure wash your house. You would be surprised what a difference pressure washing can make on your home. Pressure washing cleans your exterior and removes any mold or mildew that may have accumulated. This is especially important in commercial buildings, as a clean business is more attractive to clients.
- Add planters and outdoor decor. Use this opportunity to get creative. Incorporate unexpected items, like old furniture, tires, tin cans and empty wine bottles.
- Freshen up paint. Eliminate faded or chipped paint on the exterior of your home or business. Consider implementing a new color palette or painting your front door a bold color.
- Create a focal point. This could be your entertaining space, a pergola, a large shade tree — whatever is unique and attractive about your outdoor space. A focal point gives the eye somewhere to rest and directs attention away to a place of your choosing.
- Set up an outdoor entertaining space. Consider including a fire pit, outdoor bar, grilling area and comfortable seating arrangement.
Contact Green Grounds Landscaping For Inexpensive Landscaping Minnesota
Green Grounds Landscaping is a family-owned operation that has been proudly serving Minnesota since 1999.
We specialize in complete landscaping Minnesota care for both residential and commercial properties, including design, maintenance, restoration and more.
Our personalized landscape design process begins with a consultation, where our expert meets with you at the property you wish to design.
We will take this time to get to know you and your vision of the space, as well as assess the landscape to gain a better understanding of the possibilities, timeline and potential cost.
The next step is site preparation. Once you approve a design, the site will be cleared and graded as needed. Once we finish preparation, hardscape features — such as irrigation, drainage, retaining walls and walkways — are installed. Softscape and plant installation is the final step.
This is where flowerbeds and gardens are designed and planted. At this point, we can also install any additional features you have chosen, like fountains or ponds.
Once your landscape vision has been brought to life, don’t forget to schedule regular maintenance.
Contact Green Grounds Landscaping Minnesota today to get started with your next landscaping project!