Winter in Minnesota can be harsh and extreme, resulting in challenges and safety concerns for your residential property. This is where seeking reliable Minnesota snow removal services can help.
They can ensure the well-being of the people on your property and prevent accidents.
Learn about the dangers of snow on your property, why it is best to hire professionals to clear it, and key strategies that can help maximize your snow removal budget.
4 Dangers Of Snow Piles On Residential Properties
- Dangerous for People Although snow piles look sturdy and firm, they may have pockets of air or soft spots. This can lead to sinkholes. If someone were to step on them, they might cause it to collapse. They may fall or get trapped, which may lead to hypothermia or worse.
- Placement of Piles In case of a snowstorm, you should be cautious about where the snow is piling to ensure you don’t get trapped or run into one accidentally.
- Refreezing Even as the snow starts to melt, it can refreeze at sundown when temperatures drop, creating risky, icy conditions. Parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, and roads can become slick and dangerous.
- Relocation If you own a property with limited space to put snow, it is advisable to hire professional snow removal services to get rid of them. The trained staff will haul and relocate the snow, eliminating the risk from your property.
5 Tips For A Winter-Proof Minnesota Snow Removal Within A Budget
Budget the Service
You should research and ask around to understand what the service entails and how much it may cost.
You may also consider consulting with a reliable landscaping and Minnesota snow removal company to get a better idea.
This way, you will have the details about the overall cost and can come up with a feasible plan and budget.
Limit Access to Save Money
Instead of clearing the snow from your entire property, consider just hiring professionals to clear the entrances, fire escapes, and high-traffic areas.
Doing so will ensure you get the desired result at a fair price while reducing the possibilities of accidents on your property because of the accumulated snow.
Ask for Quotes
In addition to budgeting the work, you can ask for a quote from a reputable service provider.
It is wise to get multiple quotes so you can compare the cost with what they offer, ensure you are on the same page, and make an informed decision.
You can also ask them about snow removal after winter storms to ensure your property is accessible throughout the cold months.
Take Immediate Action
Many property owners believe it is better to hold off until the storm ends and hire professionals for Minnesota snow removal once the snow accumulation reaches around four or five inches.
This is because they think this approach saves money. However, it may cost you more because it is easier to remove fresh snow than the accumulated piles that become hard and compact.
Moreover, it requires less labour initially, which also helps to reduce the overall price.
Use a Single Provider
Look for a provider who offers landscaping and snow removal services in Minnesota.
This way, you can deal with the same company for maintaining the landscape of your residential property year-round.
Moreover, they will understand your needs, get to know your property well, offer seasonal services, and can schedule the work at your convenience without any problems.
4 Strategies To Maximize The Benefits Of Minnesota Snow Removal
Salt is very useful for melting ice and snow and keeping your home safe during the winter months.
Ask your landscaping and Minnesota snow removal contractor about their strategies for storm management and how they plan to get rid of the snow from your property.
Get to know if they use salt and have the required tools and equipment to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Communicate with Your Contractor
It is essential to communicate your needs and expectations to the professionals you hire.
Allow them to assess your property, note the access points, high-risk areas, and potential safety hazards so that they can come up with a suitable plan with the best solutions for your Minnesota snow removal, and also ice removal.
Review the Storm Management Plan
Discuss the snow and ice removal strategy with your landscaping contractor ahead of winter to know how the clearing efforts are focused. Ensure it suits your needs and budget so you can be worry-free once the winter hits.
Consider the Alternatives for Salt
In addition to using salt, ask your contractor what other tools and equipment they plan to use for Minnesota snow removal services. Inquire how they will use them on your property to achieve the desired result.
We Offer Reliable & Timely Minnesota Snow Removal Services
Green Grounds Landscaping is a prominent name when it comes to storm management and ice and snow removal in Minnesota.
Our snow removal services include:
- Plowing and clearing snow from the driveway
- Snow removal from paths to the front door
- Melting ice using salt and other materials
- One time and on-demand assistance
- Contractual services scheduled according to the customer’s convenience
- Quick and on-time help after a storm to minimize the damage
For more details about our snow removal services in Minnetonka, Eden prairie, Edina, Delano, St. Louis park, Minneapolis, St. Paul State of Minnesota, be sure to call us at 612-408-4796.
You may also fill out our online contact form to request a free quote. We’ll be happy to help ensure your property is safe and easily accessible during the winter months.